People who communicate with spirits are like everyone else. We eat, sleep, breath, work, and play. Of course, being able to communicate with invisible people can seem a bit eccentric.
Friends have called me weird, odd, not like everybody else, and a bird of a different feather. And, that was before awakening to my spiritual abilities.
I will admit that I am a bit unique. I took me years to accept being different than most people. Today, I am very comfortable in my skin.
Here are a few things about me that I embrace everyday.
- Loves dogs, likes cats.
- I love all kinds of music, but keep about five of the DJ’s featured on BBC radio in rotation.
- Will randomly do a cartwheel. I have done one in an art gallery.
- Fought sugar addiction and won. It was an emotional response to having a mother with addiction issues.
- I fell in love with Michael Jackson when I was 3-years old. I still remember saying, “That’s my boyfriend.”
- Is an ordained minister and honors the Divine Feminine.
- Dreams in color. Can read, smell, taste, hear, feel emotion and physical touch in dreams, but does not lucid dream or astral project…yet.
- I have one brother, one sister, two step-sisters, six nieces, and two nephews.
- Lived in Germany, traveled to France, Canada, and Mexico. I want to go back to France and travel to India, Thailand and London.
- Dreams of the future and it typically comes true within hours of waking.
- Born and raised on an Army base in central Texas. I didn’t travel like most military kids.
- Cooks with raw cacao (chocolate in pure form) in savory dishes.
- Submitted a screenplay to a few film festivals.
- I went to preschool in Germany and learned to speak German fluently. I learned Spanish after returning to the US. I read Spanish and some French.
- Capricorn sun, Libra moon, Aquarius rising/north node (Western astrology). Numerology life path is 28/10.
- Studied Thich Nhat Hanh’s teachings of Buddha’s dharma and was a lay member of Thay’s Order of Interbeing.
- Loves cherries, mangoes, avocados, and pineapple.
- Hates wearing shoes, but loves getting reflexology and pedicures.
- Learned to fence foil from two-time Olympic fencer John Moreau.
- My academic life is diverse. I have a BFA in graphic design, MS in applied anthropology and PhD in philosophy.
- Is vegan after years of eating meat, dairy, and eggs. Always thought eggs were an odd food source and still does.
- Considers 79 degrees Fahrenheit (26.11 Celsius) with moderate humidity and a whisper of a breeze perfect weather.
- Exhibited paintings and photography in Texas and New York.
- Practiced Wicca.
- Hugs trees.
- Has not owned a TV since 2007. I didn’t even buy the one I owned; it was sent as a gift.
- The chair of my anthropology committee and I used to debate about who would win if Buffy and Wonder Woman fought each other. (Buffy will win, of course.)