Your root chakra is located at your perineum and points downward. Issues related to safety, family, money, sex, and the material world are connected to this chakra.
- Play with your money. Gather your loose change, paper currency and credit cards and do something creative with them.
- Build a fort, airplane or boat.
- Toss coins in the air like a ball.
- Hug yourself.
- Caress your entire body, including genitals.
- Play with children in your family or in neighborhood doing what they love. Ask them to teach you their favorite games. Teach them what you loved to do.
- Think about what you wanted to be when you were 7-years old, draw it or use pictures from a magazine.
Journal about the following:
- What did these activities trigger on an emotional, mental, physical or spiritual level?
- What thoughts or emotions went through your mind as you played with your money? Did you hear your parents tell you money did not grow on trees? How did you react to that as you played with your money?
- What is your relationship with your body? Do you feel safe when you are alone, with friends, or family?
- Are you living your childhood dream or some version of it?
Root chakra issues are foundational for our existence. We received messages during our childhood verbally and non-verbally that affect our adults lives. Healing the root chakra requires patience and a commitment to wellbeing. Journaling is only the beginning. Therapy, affirmation, and reiki can complement healing so you feel safe in your body and the world.