The heart chakra is the center of love, compassion and forgiveness. Compassion is taking action to heal suffering; forgiveness is not taking on burdens. The heart chakra is located at the heart; minor chakras are in the palms of the hand. There are different types of love: self, love of family, friends, and strangers. All is unconditional when giving and receiving. People with a healthy heart chakra love themselves completely first.
- Make self-care a priority.
- Smile and say hello to strangers.
- Play with pets.
- Make something with your hands.
People feel guilty taking care of their needs first. Is this an issue for you? Who taught you to put yourself second, why do you believe this to be your narrative? What would your life look like if you put your wellbeing first? Who or what falls away in this scenario?
Become aware of your life as you heal your heart chakra. What emotional, mental, spiritual and physical changes did you experience? Would you go back to the way it was when you were second in line for your own love?
The solar plexus chakra holds the power to act. Located at the bottom of your sternum, the solar plexus is masculine energy like courage and confidence. It is also the energy center of joy.
When your sacral and solar plexus chakras are healed, you act with on your emotions with confidence. This is the energy needed to share your creative pursuits, move outside your comfort zone, and live your truth.
- Spend an entire day doing what you love.
- Do something you’ve been putting on the back burner. And complete it!
Fear is the imbalance associated with the solar plexus when it’s imbalanced. People delay their heart’s desires because they fear there will be no support for it.
Journal about the following:
- What does it mean to live your joy?
- How did it feel to spend the day happy doing what you love?
- Your fears. Give it texture: what does it look and feel like to have the fear, who is associated with the fear and why, when did the fear begin? Was it a fear that came from you for from an outside source?
- What is the emotion or thought preventing you from acting on an emotion or project?
Creativity is connected to the sacral chakra. It is located at the top of the pubic mound and regulates reproductive fertility, abundance of creative ideas, sexual orientation, intuition, and emotions. This is the area of feminine energy.
- Visual art: draw, paint, color, or make a movie.
- Writing: Write a story, poetry, play, song, or article.
- Cook, bake, landscape, or garden.
- Take an idea that you’ve been mulling over and create it using pictures.
- Connect to the feelings associated with manifesting your heart’s desires, i.e., dream vacation, relationship, or career.
- Pay attention to your emotions when you meet someone or enter a room.
Feminine energy has nothing to do with being female. It’s about creating, resting, and allowing emotions to surface and understanding the messages coming from them. Journal about how you felt as you did the activities above. Challenge yourself by drawing or painting your feelings without using words. Colors, shapes and sizes are symbolic, let them tell the story about your sacral chakra.
Your root chakra is located at your perineum and points downward. Issues related to safety, family, money, sex, and the material world are connected to this chakra.
- Play with your money. Gather your loose change, paper currency and credit cards and do something creative with them.
- Build a fort, airplane or boat.
- Toss coins in the air like a ball.
- Hug yourself.
- Caress your entire body, including genitals.
- Play with children in your family or in neighborhood doing what they love. Ask them to teach you their favorite games. Teach them what you loved to do.
- Think about what you wanted to be when you were 7-years old, draw it or use pictures from a magazine.
Journal about the following:
- What did these activities trigger on an emotional, mental, physical or spiritual level?
- What thoughts or emotions went through your mind as you played with your money? Did you hear your parents tell you money did not grow on trees? How did you react to that as you played with your money?
- What is your relationship with your body? Do you feel safe when you are alone, with friends, or family?
- Are you living your childhood dream or some version of it?
Root chakra issues are foundational for our existence. We received messages during our childhood verbally and non-verbally that affect our adults lives. Healing the root chakra requires patience and a commitment to wellbeing. Journaling is only the beginning. Therapy, affirmation, and reiki can complement healing so you feel safe in your body and the world.
The Earth Star chakra is located 12 to 18 inches below the heels of the feet. It connects you to the earth, grounding your energy so you feel connected to your body.
- Walk around outdoors barefoot
- Take a walk around your neighborhood or a local park. Say hello to birds, flowers, and trees. Use specific names, if you know them.
- Hug a tree.
- Give yourself a foot massage.
Journal about how you felt before, during and after grounding your energy. What feelings did you notice in your feet or legs? What emotions came up? Thoughts? What else did you experience?